Facts That Every Drunk Driver Needs to Be Aware Of
Drunk driving is no longer thought of as just the casual oops it was once believed to be. Now lucky to get away without jail time. Here are some cold hard facts about drunk driving:
Basic Information on Drunk Driving
1. Impairment does not have much to do with the type of alcohol you drink, it matters more the number of drinks you have over a certain period of time. Once you are drunk, you cannot rely on coffee, a cold shower, or exercise to sober you up, time alone will do the job.
2. Its not unusual for a drive under the influence around 80 times.
3. If you are arrested for drunk driving it most likely will result in you having to attend driving classes, basically driving lessons for drivers. The places which give these lessons are have urls such as mydrivingschool, etc, and are easy to find online.
4. Statistics state that on the average every 53 minutes in America, someone is killed in a accident. That comes out to 27 people a day.
5. Another surprising statistic is when you hear that every 90 seconds, someone is injured because of a drunk driving incident.
6. In 2011, 9,878 people were victims of drunk drivers.
About Children and Teens
1. You might not be aware of this, but traffic accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers, and about 1/3 of these accidents involve alcohol or some other substance.
2. 211 children were killed in drunk driving accidents in 2010. Most of those children, 62% were riding in the car with the drunken driver. While every death is a tragedy, no matter what the cause, when a child is involved it is doubly tragic.
3. Children and teens who begin drinking alcohol at a young age are 7 times more likely to have or be in an alcohol-related crash in their lives. Teenagers dont think that anything can happen to them. Its almost like they feel that there is a special magic around them which protects them from harm. They are wrong.
1. Since 1980, due largely to the efforts of law enforcement, the fatality rate of drunk driving has been lowered by 50%. While driving stops are often viewed as a nuisance, they are a necessary part of our society and have helped to save hundreds of lives.
2. Whats referred to as driving lessons for drivers, meaning refresher courses that are often obliged to take, are another reason that there are less drunk driving deaths. Just look for driving schools and youll find plenty of mydrivingschool urls for these schools.
These are a sample of the facts about drunk driving. It never hurts to know the full impact that a certain behavior is having on our society. But nowadays, with television and greater discussion of the topic, people should be even more aware than ever. Dont drive drunk and avoid heartache.